The completely revised 2nd Edition of CLINICAL RADIATION ONCOLOGY provides the most comprehensive, authoritative, and up-to-date information available for treating patients with cancer. Featuring a multidisciplinary perspective, the text examines the therapeutic management of specific disease sites based on both single-modality and combined-modality approaches - providing you with the well-rounded, cutting-edge guidance you need to offer the most effective treatments. A consistent chapter format throughout - paired with an all-new full-color design - makes reference fast and easy.
chapters this includes a "Front Page Format" summarizing some of the most important issues for the disease site and a closing section that include a "Treatment Algorithm" along with a discussion of controversies or challenges that remain.
* Offers broad multimodality perspectives on the field with a diverse team of respected editors and contributors drawn from institutions from across the country.
* Describes the scientific foundations of radiation oncology and general oncology as well as state-of-the-art techniques and modalities.
* Examines the therapeutic management of specific disease sites based on a single-modality and combined-modality approaches.
* Presents a clinically focused approach to help you implement the most effective treatment for each patient.
"A comprehensive, detailed review of clinical radiation oncology."- Mayo Clinic Proceedings
* Features a full-color design throughout and over 700 color figures which clearly depict treatment techniques; this allows for more complete integration of text, tables, and figures thus making key information easier to locate.
* Adds a "Diagnostic Algorithm" to disease-site chapters that highlights key tests and procedures in the initial work-up and follow-up of patients.
* Features new chapters in the Scientific Foundations Section (Biologics and Interactions with Radiation), Related Cancer Disciplines (Imaging - CT, MRI, Imaging - Nuclear Medicine, Health Services Research) and the Disease Site Sections (Meningiomas, Ependymomas and other Adult Brain Tumors; Management of the Neck; Melanoma; Uncommon Thoracic Malignancies; Penile Cancer, Benign Diseases).
* Offers comprehensive updates throughout to reflect the latest developments, including advances in biology, technology and single or multi-disciplinary treatment of a variety of malignancies.
Leonard L. Gunderson, MD, MS, Professor and Chair of Oncology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN; and Joel E. Tepper, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC