The completely revised 2nd Edition of CLINICAL RADIATION ONCOLOGY provides the most
comprehensive, authoritative, and up-to-date information available for
treating patients with cancer. Featuring a multidisciplinary perspective, the
text examines the therapeutic management of specific disease sites based on
both single-modality and combined-modality approaches - providing you
with the well-rounded, cutting-edge guidance you need to offer the most
effective treatments. A consistent chapter format throughout - paired with an
all-new full-color design - makes reference fast and easy.
chapters this includes a "Front Page Format" summarizing some of the
most important issues for the disease site and a closing section that include
a "Treatment Algorithm" along with a discussion of controversies or
challenges that remain.
* Offers broad multimodality perspectives on the field with a diverse team
of respected editors and contributors drawn from institutions from across the
* Describes the scientific foundations of radiation oncology and general
oncology as well as state-of-the-art techniques and modalities.
* Examines the therapeutic management of specific disease sites based on
a single-modality and combined-modality approaches.
* Presents a clinically focused approach to help you implement the most
effective treatment for each patient.
"A comprehensive, detailed review of clinical radiation oncology."- Mayo
* Features a full-color design throughout and over 700 color figures which
clearly depict treatment techniques; this allows for more complete integration
of text, tables, and figures thus making key information easier to locate.
* Adds a "Diagnostic Algorithm" to disease-site chapters that highlights
key tests and procedures in the initial work-up and follow-up of patients.
* Features new chapters in the Scientific Foundations Section (Biologics
and Interactions with Radiation), Related Cancer Disciplines (Imaging - CT,
MRI, Imaging - Nuclear Medicine, Health Services Research) and the Disease
Site Sections (Meningiomas, Ependymomas and other Adult Brain Tumors;
Management of the Neck; Melanoma; Uncommon Thoracic Malignancies;
Penile Cancer, Benign Diseases).
* Offers comprehensive updates throughout to reflect the latest
developments, including advances in biology, technology and single or multi-
disciplinary treatment of a variety of malignancies.
Leonard L. Gunderson, MD, MS, Professor and Chair of Oncology, Mayo
Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN; and Joel E. Tepper, MD,
Professor and Chairman, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of
North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC